Friday 4 May 2007

Tomorrow's The Day - yay.

Oh dear - just 24 hours to go until I say goodbye to the teenage years forever and turn 20. I'm ecstatic about it, as you can probably tell. I don't plan anything huge; it's not like the most important birthday, is it, 20? No major milestone, except maybe never having to say "-teen" at the end of my age any more, more like a "-ty-something". That's really something to celebrate!

Still, at least my week has been better than some people's. Tony Blair, for example. He's had a pretty naff week all things considered. No wonder he's decided to finally tell us good folk when he's bailing out on us next week; with the election results last night I won't be surprised if he decided to go before the end of this month. Thus by June I shall be moaning about a completely different Prime Minister.

This is actually something more of a milestone than my 20th in my opinion. I've spent ten years of my life - 7 semi-seriously, 3 deadly seriously - having a go about one man. Now I have to completely change my views. In place of a mad man we are getting a thug; a grizzly bear of a man who won't last very long unless he makes some major changes. It's a bit sad really: Gordon Brown's been waiting so long to move into Number 10 and he won't even have enough time to unpack all the china!

I'm not going to let it affect me, though; thankfully my political sheep are pretty universal. What am I talking about, you ask? Well, you'll just have to wait and find out when Where Wild Things Grow is eventually published. You may be waiting some time...

Laters.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

20 may not be a milestone for you, but it's a bloody big one for your mother, who is certainly not old enough to have a 20 year old son!!!

Looking forward to seeing you later