Monday 14 May 2007

Sod's Law

It's bloody typical, isn't it? The week after my birthday my phone decides to commit suicide and virtually die on me. After a rehearsal performance earlier in the day yesterday I found before going to bed that my phone had altogether stopped working. It refused to acknowledge my fingers furiously tapping away at the keys in a vain attempt to unlock my keypad. Thinking it was the battery I took the thing apart and then put it all back together again. Nothing. So I'm basically cut off from the world except for the one saving grace that is the world wide web. This should be interesting for a while but will get very annoying very quickly.

Yesterday morning was not that great either. The rain bucketed down outside, but I was determined to get to church on time. I braved the weather in my coat and was soaked to the bone. I spent the rest of the day in my pyjamas and dressing gown.

I suppose the one decent thing that happened yesterday was my shopping spree in HMV (ooh, that rhymes - maybe I can send it to them and they can use it as their new jingle!) Having been given a gift card for my birthday I was pleased to discover there was £15 on the credit card-like present. I was even more pleased when, after a lot of thinking, I decided to take advantage of the 3 DVDs for £20 offer. The result? Mission: Impossible 3, Little Miss Sunshine and The Prestige - and all I spent was a fiver. I think the words "get" and "in" are applicable here.

Where Wild Things Grow is nearing its completion of being re-edited for the fourth time (or is it the fifth? I've lost count!) I hope to finish it off today, though group work and a much-needed lecture on 18th century poetry and drama comes first!

Laters.

No comments: