Tuesday 29 May 2007

Princess Keira

I am not the world's biggest fan of Keira Knightly, though that may be because I haven't seen enough of her "work" to be overtly critical about her. The problem with the films I have seen in which she has acted in is that she is often overshadowed by other actors - in The Hole it was Thora Birch, in Pirates Of The Caribbean it's Johnny Depp, and in Love Actually, it's the rest of the cast.

Ahem.

But this morning as I was glancing at the news headlines on the IMDb, I noticed something that troubled me greatly - Keira Knightly's next role might be Princess Diana. It seems a book about Diana's fight with the media, which, in case you've been in a cave on Mars for the last ten years and don't have a faintest idea what I'm going on about, resulted in her death in 1997, is to be turned into a movie, probably after the success of Helen Mirren's performance in The Queen.

I don't know what upsets me more: the idea of making a Diana film (though I guess it was inevitable) or Keira Knightly playing her. Mind you, I suppose it could be worse: they could have gone overseas and grabbed someone like Lindsey Lohan or Kirsten Dunst or even Paris Hilton - shudder!

As I said, I don't have enough viewing experience of Keira to be able to guess whether or not she would be good for the part of Diana, Princess Of Wales. But judging on her performances in the aforementioned movies...well, the odds aren't looking good!

Laters.

No comments: