Tuesday 20 November 2007

"You Don't Get Me, I'm Part Of The Union..."

I'm not sure how I should respond to the strikes going on over in the US of A by my fellow Struggling Writers over the shores. Obviously, I'm all for them getting better pay, better screen credits, or whatever they can get out of these protests. But the film/television viewer in me is panicking so much right now.

Already several films in pre-production have been hit by these strikes. Admittedly the only one that bears me any sort of interest would be Angels And Demons, the Ron Howard directed and Tom Hanks starring prequel to The DaVinci Code, which coincidentally I haven't actually watched yet but will probably do so at some point. But the number of films is slowly increasing, and I can't help feeling that some films that I'm really looking forward to will soon be affected.

Unfortunately I have fallen out of love with Ugly Betty, having missed so many episodes of the second series that joining it now would be pretty pointless. But I'm still looking forward to the next series of Desperate Housewives, and knowing that this series has also been affected by the strikes...well, it just breaks my hearts.

All in all, I'm totally behind the strikers, but I just hope that it's resolved quickly.

Laters.

No comments: