Wednesday 21 November 2007

What's In A Name?

Neil Diamond, an artist whom I am not that familiar with, has admitted that his song "Sweet Caroline" was inspired by Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg, the daughter of the late President John F Kennedy. (Incidentally, wouldn't it have been brilliant if Schlossberg wasn't her married name, but her true surname? Then we would have had President Schlossberg!)

Ahem. Anyway, it made me start to think about other songs which could have been inspired by famous people - or C-listers as they are usually referred to now.

Erm...damn, I thought this was going to work, but I can't think of any. If there are readers out there (and that's a big "if") I need your help with this one! The weirder, stupider, more politically sharp satirised the better! I am, after all, a Struggling Writer and I do indeed struggle!

Laters.

1 comment:

Mr. Holznagel said...

"Pour Some Sugar on Me" was inspired by vice-president John Nance Garner. O so I heard.

One quick note on Caroline Kennedy: turns out her married name isn't Schlossberg after all. We just did some research on her married name at Who2, in case you're curious.