Wednesday 14 November 2007

Tut, Tut, It Looks Like Rain

After a rather length cell group meeting last night I got into my house and collapsed on my sofa. With only the energy left to cook a garlic bread for dinner I wanted to stay there for the rest of the evening. Alas, this was not to be.

I can only describe it as being like when you haven't turned a kitchen tap off properly and so a thin stream of water still emerges from the faucet. That was what the water was like which ran from a small hole in our kitchen ceiling. I may have mentioned our leak here before on this blog, possibly as a Monday Moan. It has evidently got worse.

Panicking, I ran upstairs and told my housemate who was in the shower to get out asap and switch the water off. After a swift examination of the bathroom we found our culprit, a thin crack between two small bathroom tiles, big enough to let in a lot of water that runs over the side of our awkwardly shaped bath when using the shower.

I suppose it was rather ironic that the Bible passage we had been looking at during cell was from Philippians and contained the verse:
"Do everything without complaining or arguing" (Philippians 2:14).
Almost immediately God tested me with this - not sure if I passed really, as this blog entry probably counts as a complaint!

*****
I couldn't help noticing this rather unusual news item in today's Times:
"A man in southern India married a female dog in an attempt to atone for stoning two other dogs to death. P. Selvakumar married the former stray, named Selvi, in a Hindu ceremony at a temple in the state of Tamil Nadu."
I know that a dog is supposed to be man's best friend, but that's just plain ridiculous!
Laters.

No comments: