Thursday 14 February 2008

Several Musings

Okay, so writing the hundreth blog entry got me a little excited and I had to lie down for about two days, but I'm up and about now, and so much has happened over the last couple of days that I want to quickly mention.

Firstly, was very sorry to hear of the death of Roy Scheider. I wasn't a big viewer of his work, but the films I have seen that he was in - Jaws and All that Jazz - will definitly stand the test of time. Jaws is an obvious choice, I suppose, but All That Jazz is probably one of my top ten films. It's a dark, seedy look at showbuisness and its trappings, and is an absolute must for any musical fans, or anyone who doesn't like musicals as a matter of fact. Scheider sings in this, too, and is quite good. He should have won an Oscar for this - he was nominated, but he lost to Dustin Hoffman in Kramer vs Kramer, which I suppose is fairly typical of the Oscars in general.

Secondly, was surprised to hear that Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne are hosting this years BRIT Awards next Wedensday. Surely they're mumbling is going to be a little off putting to any international viewers?

Thirdly, am very excited about this, the new trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (I know - huh?) is now online. Here's a link for it, seeing as how I'm such a nice blogger.

Okay, is that all? I think so. To sum it up then - Bye Bye Scheider, Subtitles Please For Next Wedensday, and (all together now) Dum-Da-Dum-Dum, Dum-Da-Dum, Dum-Da-Dum-Dum, Dum-Da-Dum-Dum-Dum...

Laters.

No comments: