Friday 22 February 2008

Nice Day, Nice Song

Today my folks and little sister came to visit me here in Winchester, and we were really blessed with just dry weather, never mind sunny, so we were able to spend most of the day outside. Save for a little problem with my mum's meat pie not having been cooked properly in the restaurant we ate at, it was a really nice day.

But throughout it my mind was constantly doing that slightly annoying thing of playing a song over and over again. So, now that they're on their way back home, I went onto YouTube and looked for "Falling Slowly" from the film Once.

The reason this hauntingly, beautiful song captured my imagination today is because I learnt this morning that it was up for an Oscar nomination. Having looked at the list of the other songs nominated, three of which are from Enchanted and co-written by the Disney powerhouse that is Alan Menkin, my feelings are that we can only be hopeful. I really feel, though, that there would be something wrong with the hearts of all the Academy voters if they didn't give the golden man to this gorgeous song.

We shall have to wait until Sunday night, I guess, though I suppose it will be the perfect thing to write about in my Monday Moan if it didn't win.

Laters.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I don't think you could call your sister little LOL (look I'm using text speak!) Plus Mel wants Enchanted to win - especially the song in Central Park!!! Sorry Mark - we had a good day too, thanks you.