Sunday 21 October 2007

Power Of Prayer

Okay, bear with me on this one.

I'm a little disappointed after yesterday's defeat to South Africa in the Rugby World Cup Final, but the best team won in the end, and I really didn't think it would be us anyway. But I spent a lot of time last night praying whilst watching the match.

Was this selfish of me? It was, after all, only a game, and there are many hundreds of thousands of people who need my prayers more than the fifteen men on a rugby pitch. I could even have prayed for myself last night - prayed for my final year, my FYP, etc - would that have been selfish?

In my opinion, the answer is no. No prayer is selfish or selfless. There would have been plenty of other people doing exactly the same thing last night, both in the stadium and out. The difference however between me and most of them is that I know prayer really works. We just have to be patient; sometimes we have to be really patient, but there is true power in prayer.

The thing is, right, God has just so many prayers entering his head at every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year - you get me? So many needy and un-needy people praying, whose does he put first? Answer: Everyone's!

But we must also remember that God has an incredible plan for each and every one of us - nicknamed "Fate" - and so it is up to those plans as to whether or not our prayers are answered straight away or never at all. Although it's easy to be, we should try not to be disappointed by a no-show in the results of prayers.

Oh, and for those who say that my prayers didn't work last night, who says I was praying for this year's World Cup Final?

Loving Father, thank you so much for the awesome power of prayer. Thank you that we can talk to you anytime we want, because you are still a listening God and you will always listen to us. Thank you that sooner or later our prayers are answered, and help us to remember that you are the ultimate reason for this. Amen.

Laters.

No comments: