Wednesday 24 October 2007

Electronic Promenade Concerts

Today is the start of the short but sweet season known as The Electric Proms. These are a relatively new series of concerts set up by the BBC to celebrate the beauty that is popular and electronic music. We have this season a real feast for the ears and eyes - Mark Ronson with the BBC Symphonic Orchestra, Kaiser Chiefs with David Arnold (him off of the last four James Bond movies), Paul McCartney with...erm...Paul McCartney (might be wrong there).

It's going to be fan-diddy-tastic as they say (or as I say anyway) so log on to the BBC website or watch highlights starting from tonight on BBC Two. You want a link? Here you go!

In other news, my sister has joined me here at Winchester for the next couple of days. Her taste in music sadly seems to stem from my mother and, though I am not disagreeable to a few artists in my mum's repertoire, I fear sadly that there is still much to teach her.

I'm not going to be the one to do the teaching, mind. No fear. I've got too much bloody work to do as it is! Presentations, Essays, Textual Research Analysis (No, I haven't got a clue either!) and of course the joy that is the Final Year Project on 9/11 and it's effects on postmodernism. Oh, goody. I'm going to enjoy this year.

Laters.

No comments: