Wednesday 25 April 2007

It's been a loooooong time....

...since I wrote anything here. And that's bad, I know. I just wonder if anyone else is actually reading this - apart from my mother that is. Hi, mum.

Anyhoo, over the Easter break I discovered a terrific series of children's books known as the CHERUB series - if you haven't read them and you're into Alex Rider and Young Bond I urge you to go out and buy them! But they gave me a serious kick on the bottom and made me realise that Where Wild Things Grow - yes, that's right, the first book in the series - needed a major re-write. So, after I had made sure all my essays were out of the picture, I began it. I can't believe I left it for so long. Reading back all the stuff I had written down made me realise just why my manuscript has been rejected so many times (well, okay, only two times, but you get the idea). I'll let you all know how things are going soon.

The break was an incredibly busy one, because my dad turned 50 and my parents also celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. The party they had for it was amazing - the band were brill and I even got to sing "Sweet Home Chicago" with them whilst Dad played the drums. It felt so good singing in front of a band again - the last time I did that was in year 10 doing my GCSEs in Music.

Tomorrow is my friend Steph's 21st birthday and in a few eeks I will be turning 20; the only word I can say to this at the moment is "HELP!"

Laters.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi, I'm his mother, I hope I'm not the only one who reads this!!!

Mark sang brilliantly at the party, my one regret is that we did not have a video camera with us, otherwise he would be on YouTube now!

Keep writing, have faith.