Wednesday 9 April 2008

Is There Hope Yet For You, Britters?

Okay, so first off, apologies to any readers out there - and I mean any readers out there, if there are any apart from my mother - as I haven't written anything on my blog for quite some time now. I went home for the Easter holidays and subsequently took a holiday from my "Trials". But I'm back in Winchester now and, as you can see, ready to start writing again.

In the middle of all the work I had to do I found solace having various music channels on in the background whilst I wrote my FYP. This does mean that I have no announcements as to what song's coming up next, but then I treated it as a nice surprise.

There have been a few songs that have got me tapping my foot recently, but a surprising one was the latest from a certain Miss Spears. Now I am not the biggest fan of the more recent stuff that Britney's done, and would probably be the first one to say that she needs to get some help, seriously needs some therapy or counselling or something.

But her latest single, "Break The Ice", could, I feel, show a little spark of positivity. Although not nearly as good a pop record as "Baby One More Time" or "Toxic", one feels that, had it a better backing track it could actually rival those two songs which we instantly relate with her now. The video is an interesting one to watch too, done in a manga/anime style, no sign of our real life Britney anywhere. But maybe that's a good thing. See for yourself.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I will admit, I cannot get the lyrics "I'm Mrs Lifestyles of the rich and famous, Im mrs oh my god that britney's shameless" out of my head, from 'Peice of Me'. I really do feel sorry for her. I think she should go underground and make an awesome comeback in a year. Maybe her old beau JT could do a duo and help her out.