Friday 25 January 2008

It's A Tough Job, But Someone's Gotta Do It...

In preparation for one of my final modules of English here at the University of Winchester, I have to watch as much of the television series Sex & The City as possible. This has provoked much humor amongst my friends, but the joke's on them! I spent about two and a half hours on both Tuesday and Wednesday doing nothing but watching television. okay, so it's Sex & the City. Okay, so it's rather trashy and paints a lot of blokes in a bad picture. Okay, so, as Peter Griffin once observed, Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a foot. I don't care!

In the afternoons, though, I'm mainly concentrating on my dissertation, which has reached its final transformation as being bout the novel Saturday by Ian McEwan. The premise is that this novel is a postmodern novel, but, if you look at the definitions of postmodernism, is it also a post 9/11 novel? See what i did there? All that research on 9/11 won't go to waste. Well, not much of it anyway.

Have also re-tweaked the second Green Ash manuscript, Shine On Me. I can't quite believe that I'm still tweaking them. I guess I just want them to be absolutely perfect, but I doubt I'll ever be pleased completely with my work, especially if my University essays are anything to go by.

Laters.

No comments: