Wednesday 6 June 2007

Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud

In this month's issue of Q Magazine comes free a CD (ooh, that rhymes) featuring live tracks from Glastonbury. Although there are no absolute stormers, there are still some great songs on it, like Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" and Kaiser Chiefs' "Everyday I Love You Less And Less". But it brings to mind the fact that, yes, the festival season truly is upon us. And once again I have to rely on TV and radio coverage to actually be a part of it. Not that I'm complaining too much - after all, I don't want to take out another loan just to get a ticket to one day of a festival. But I suppose to truly live any festival, especially Glastonbury, you have to actually be there. Ah, well.

In other music news I see that music sacrilege has been committed by the re-recording of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by various artists. Again, I'm not too sure about why I'm complaining about this, as Kaiser Chiefs (again) are on this one, and the Razorlight version of "With A Little Help From My Friends" sounds all right. I'd like to know who's re-done "A Day In The Life" which is probably my favourite track off that most famous of albums, and if it's any good. All together now: time will tell. That's becoming my catchphrase that - not happy about that either.

Laters.

No comments: