Wednesday 27 June 2007

Back For One Week Only!

Yes, I'm back in Winchester after a lengthy absence. Well, a week. I just haven't got round to updating my blog recently is all. The Internet is down at home so there's my excuse.

I'm back in my house in Winchester so that I can make a start on my Final Year Project, or as I will probably refer to it from now, The Depressing 9/11 Project. I'm going to briefly look at the effects of the attacks on September 11th 2001 on culture, specifically on the ideas and theories of the Postmodern Movement. All that within 8000 - 10,000 words. Boy, do I know how to have fun.

But today is a landmark day in history. Children are dancing in the streets singing "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" and such; street parties are planned...yeah, I wish. It's the end of an era. Tony Blair, once upon a time the golden boy of politics, is now leaving after ten years as Prime Minister and with a lot of British blood on his hands. And I'm not just talking about Iraq, either.

But who do we have in his place? Why it's Gordon Brown The Beast, a gruff, grizzly bear of a man who was unopposed in a pointless leadership election; pointless because we all knew he would win it, pointless because he's not going to last very long. Newspapers on Monday reported that he may even call a General Election as early as next year. And yet who do we have in opposition? A toff and an old fart. No, I'm being too cruel here - I apologise to the old fart for calling him an old fart. As for the toff, well, until he actually says something or does something which gives a meaning to his policies and his party, then he's going to stay a toff.

I have always predicted that Brown The Beast would not last long as PM, but I fear that my predictions will run short if the opposition doesn't get its act together and do some blinking opposing. Otherwise the most interesting election next year will be the American one (my prediction: Hilary, but it will be tight - stop thinking witty responses to last comment) and the British public will lose complete faith in politics all together. We'll have a revolution on our hands and all power will be brought back to the monarchy, just in time for King Charles to ban all houses that don't contain at least one solar panel and one patch of begonias.

Laters.

1 comment:

Melzi said...

Politics make Melly's brain turn into poo.