Tuesday 13 January 2009

2009 At The Movies!

Last year I only had about five films that I knew would definitely distract me from writing: some of them more than lived up to my expectations (Sweeney Todd, The Dark Knight), some were a little disappointing (Quantum Of Solace, Inkheart) and one of them I never even got to see (Cloverfield, though I did get the DVD for Christmas! Haven't watched it yet, though.) )

But this year - this year I can think of at least ten films that could pull me away from my computer as I try to get on with my work! I've put the list of them to the side in a brand new list box thing, but here they are for you in all their glory!

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince: big fan, been waiting a while for this one.

Public Enemies: Johnny Depp in a 1930s gangster film!

Sherlock Holmes : Robert Downey Jr in a Guy Ritchie film!

Star Trek: Small, low budget astronomical feature...I think.

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button: Brad Pitt re teams with David Fight Club Fincher.

The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus: Terry Gilliam's hopeful return to the top, and Heath Ledger's last ever film.

The Lovely Bones: Long awaited Peter Jackson film, could rival Heavenly Creatures.

Up: Pixar. 'Nuff said.

Watchmen: The Comic Book (sorry, Graphic Novel) film of the year.

Where The Wild Things Are: Always loved this book as a kid - hope Spike Jonze don't muck it up.

Looking at this list, I think I can be pretty pleased with the mixture of my taste - hopefully, I don't look too shallow and pedantic. Also (hopefully) ten films shouldn't be enough to stop me from writing, unless I do a Dark Knight and go and watch them again...and again...and again...and again...

Laters.

No comments: