Thursday 9 October 2008

The Whosit In The Whatsit With The Whatchamacallit

So, once again, the world is gripped by a news story that simple little me has no clue about. I seriously do not understand the financial crisis that's taking its toll on us; all of the jargon just muddles me completely; the credit crunch sounds like an unappetizing breakfast cereal.

I can't stand the fact that I don't understand what the hell's going on. I suppose its because I'm used to living in a world where things are explained to me in very simple steps. I've always said that we are living in an Age Of Information, where you can learn anything by simply clicking on a button, be it mouse or TV. But it seems that in this situation I've been left very much in the dark. And its not just me; practically all my friends are feeling exactly the same way.

I think the reason for this is because that, at the moment, none of this is actually affecting us. I guess if I was still living in Winchester, if I was still having to buy my own food, I would notice something wrong with the prices perhaps? But there is nothing in my life right this moment that is in danger of changing because of this credit crunch. At the moment, anyway. Who knows? I'll write an irritated blog of panic and anxiety when it does, so don't worry, you'll learn more about it as I learn more about it. Then again, maybe I won't, so then maybe you won't.

Basically, in this Age Of Information, don't come to this blog looking for this kind of information.

Laters.

No comments: