Tuesday 4 November 2008

Dazed And Confused

Recently I went through some tough times in my personal life. I mentioned in an earlier blog of my recently failed relationship - it actually only lasted a month. It's been nearly a month since the break up itself and what really annoys me is that most of the time I feel fine, yet I only need to see something or hear something and I'm instantly transported back to my friend's study where the deed took place. Not once do I return to any of the (few) good times we had together.

What worries me is that this is exactly what happened last time, and that relationship had been a lot more serious, lasting almost 2 1/2 years. There were different circumstances surrounding that break up of course, but it destroyed me completely. I was stuck in my University during my first year and, due to a mixture of my own stupidity and other factors, I had at that time few friends. I would have hoped that being here at home surrounded by my friends I would not go through a similar pattern. Sadly, annoyingly, this has not been quite the case.

However, these things help: Madonna and Guy Ritchie - split. The episode of Frasier I'm watching whilst writing this - Ros has just been dumped after confessing her love for bloke. Oh, and I have one more New Year's Resolution to fulfil. I have to. I need to. I'm completely insane to do it, but right now, at this very moment, I cannot see any other choice. I'll let you all know when it happens, as it ill probably the last blog I ever write. Ha!

Laters.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

break ups suck, plain and simple. and sometimes it takes a long time to get over it. Hope you're feeling a bit better soon... thanks for your comments on my holiday pix. Will aim to get some more up of Italy and Egypt this week.